Educators: You spoke about your needs, and TCEE has listened and will be delivering. The 2014 Smarter Texas Conference will provide lessons and strategies for student success. We begin with helping teachers have a better understanding of how they can navigate the system so that they will better prepare their students! Walk away confident about the lessons that you are teaching in the history, government, math, career and economics courses.
Check out these sessions:
- Monday, June 16 morning keynote session: Financial Gossip at the Coffee Counter: Learn about key financial and economic terms in an interesting manner!
- Monday, June 16 at the afternoon keynote session: How Do I Make Sense of Credit, Debit Cards, and Avoid Being Pick Pocketed? Session presented by Wells Fargo, Frost and PlainsCapital Banks.
- Tuesday, June 17 morning keynote: Financial Independence for Educators presented by Lorraine and Ken Decker.
- Tuesday, June 17 afternoon Panel: How Do I Make Sense of All of These Legislative Changes? Hear from Texas Representatives Marsha Farney and Justin Rodriguez, members of the House Committee on Public Education, as they help educators understand the new changes. Ask questions and then continue the discussion at the reception afterwards.
- Wednesday, June 18 morning keynote: What Is My Emotional Spending Barometer? Hear Emily Bouchard discuss the role that emotions play in determining how we spend and save.
- Wednesday, June 18 afternoon keynote: Messages From the Workplace: What Is On The Career and Earnings Horizon For Our Students? By popular demand, Richard C. Froeschle returns to update educators on career opportunities, types of education needed and expected salary ranges
Concurrent Sessions will provide strategies and lessons on:
- K to 12 social studies economics strand
- K to 8 math financial literacy
- K to 3 connections between the math PFL and social studies economics strand
- Career and Economics topics including entrepreneurship
- Resources for the new high school PFL courses
- Lemonade Day
- The Game of Real Life
- The Stock Market Game™
- Math Behind the Market
The workshop for elementary teachers and supervisors will be June 16-17 and the secondary educator workshop will be June 17-18, 2014.
The conference will offer lessons and strategies for K to 12 math, K to 12 social studies, secondary career and economics educators.
On May 23 the Hotel Contessa hotel rooms will cost at least $250. Book now to retain the $159 price.