You are Invited to Join us for a Professional Development Seminar in the Dallas Area
Co‐sponsored by the Joe Foss Institute and the Bill of Rights Institute
Please join us for a one‐day professional development seminar on September 27, 2012. The program will be held at the Pat May Professional Development Center, in Bedford, TX, and will be titled Being an American: Defending and Appreciating Freedom ‐ The Founding Documents and Citizenship. This seminar is presented by the Bill of Rights Institute, thanks to the
generous support of the Joe Foss Institute.
- Use student‐friendly activities to analyze ways in which theDeclaration of Independence, Constitution, and Bill of Rights illustrate our most important civic values
- Receive a free copy of Being an American: Exploring the Ideals that Unite Us, Second Edition
- Leave with resources to help you address TEKS and STAAR standards!
- Participate in engaging lessons that will help your students personalize the goals expressed in the Constitution’s Preamble
- Analyze real‐world scenarios that illustrate the enduring significance of the Bill of Rights and its limits on government
- Observe a veteran presentation and learn how to incorporate a veteran’s personal story of civic virtue in your classroom
- Receive a Professional Development certificate for 6 seat hours
WHO: You! Social Studies Teachers, grades 6‐12
WHEN: September 27, 2012 – 7:30 a.m. ‐2:30 p.m.
WHERE: Pat May Professional Development Center, 1849 Central Drive, Bedford, TX 76022
REGISTER NOW AT: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/dallas2012/
For questions, contact Marianne Scott at events@BillofRightsInstitute.org, or at 703‐894‐1776, ext 20.